Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion's Night Out: King of Prussia Edition

I'm here for you people. 100%. So, I feel it's my duty to let you know -- just in case you weren't aware -- that we've been in a bit of a recession the past couple years.

The economical mess was a bad time for pretty much everyone, but Anna Wintour, fashion savior that she is, didn't want the industry to suffer just because no one had the spare cash to dish out for full priced fur coats and leather boots and tailored suits. So along with her team of Voguettes, she invented Fashion's Night Out as her very own stimulus package. Marketed as a way to remind people that shopping is fun (though, I'm not particularly convinced that anyone forgot this fact so much as de-prioritized it...) the evening revolves around a slew of events in every retail establishment the glossy could convince to get involved. And because it's Vogue, that list of establishments includes, you know, everyone.

The event caught on so well that it took place in every corner of the globe, including -- low and behold! -- the King of Prussia Mall! I couldn't be prouder that my neck of the woods jumped onto the Vogue-endorsed bandwagon, so obviously I'm going to insist that you all head over to the mall on Friday and take a look at what they have to offer.

There are all kinds of sweet goodies to score (free wine, anyone?), store sales and fun events all weekend long. For a full list of details (and trust me, there's a lot), check out the KOP FNO website. Personally, I'm heading over on Friday at 6 to get 10% off at American Apparel -- I desperately want one of their turtleneck dresses for fall-- grab some hors d'eouvres, and settle in to watch the runway show at 7.

In case I didn't manage to convince you to go on Friday, I'll let Anna Wintour speak for herself. That always does the trick. Watch this.

No comments: