Sunday, June 14, 2009

Aux Naturalle

"When I was a child, my mother always told me that you could wake up in the middle of the night and be deathly sick, so you always have to be impeccable. I laugh about it now, but I think everyone should go to bed like they have a date at the door."

As much as I wish I went to bed looking gorgeously radiant, I do not. I have blond eyelashes that make me look like an alien when not doused with 18 coats of mascara. When I first had roommates, it took me months to build up the courage to take my eye makeup off each night--I was too petrified to let anyone see me in a natural state. (Ultimately, I decided I'd prefer looking like crap after 10pm than deal with the side effects of sleeping in cosmetics.)

Lately, there are many [see: Katie Holmes] far braver than I--opting to head outdoors with a bare face. CoedUgly blogger, Kristine, did a great post about this a couple weeks ago. To these confidant souls, I applaud you.

No comments: