Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bibles, conversions, sightings and other religious beauty experiences

This one time when I was a freshman in high school, my mom took me out of school for a day to meet Bobbi Brown. She was doing an appearance at the Neiman Marcus in the King of Prussia Mall, and I was a fan. Her wholesome approach to beauty really appealed to me.
She signed my copy of Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty, which was basically my Bible back then.













One of her makeup artists did me up. He was really adorable and we chatted about Cameron Diaz and eyebrows.
I've remained a fan of her products ever since. Yet for some reason, despite reading rave reviews from every beauty editor under the sun, I had never tried her gel eyeliner. Until yesterday. And now I'm a total convert.
It's the perfect consistency, waaay easier to use than liquid liner (just make sure you use an angled brush), and can do subtle just as well as full on cat eyes. I've always stuck to Covergirl's SmoothWear liner since its cheap and works well, but I think I may have found my new go-to product.

No comments: